1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum's Raid Contest

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by CarlM24, Jun 4, 2017.

1. CarlM24

CarlM24 Community Manager
    Staff Member Community Manager

Threads:
    IGN:
    CarlM24
    Hi, all!

If you were to host a raid competition here on the forums, how would you do it? Don't forget to provide answers to the following questions:
    • What type of competition would it be?
    • How would you determine the winners?
    • How would set up the matchmaking so it's fair for everyone?
    • What would you choose as the rewards?
    • Would you have individuals or teams?
    • How long would the competition run for?
    Please include as much information as you can.

Thank you for your feedback!

Regards,
    Carl

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Prince Eric

Staff Member Moderator

Threads:
    IGN:
    Prince Eric
    matchmaking---- ATTACK VS. DEFENSE POWER

have people sign up who would participate and depending on how many players have captains and then the captains would draft their teams.

5 day war format (2 raids a day)

rewards obviously could be gold, bb, or even superior cards

teams cannot be stacked with "big dogs"

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Dr doom

Dr doom Capo

Threads:
    IGN:
    Drdoom
    Id tweak that with 48hr wars maf on maf comp type and slashed troop completion rates and about 60 hits in total in that period u start with 12 then one opens every hr play in teams match up on mafia power to matchup but then do secondary matchup based on attack and defence to link up the matched up mafias to try keep it fair winners would be the maf that did most star damage against the other mafia prize a rare card gold money and bb more hit more fun :wink: also u have mafia protection so no one else can hit u while u are in this war u can concentrate solely on the war but if u attack some one not in the war then that makes it so others can attack ucos u lose the mafia protection

I might even go as far as locking all ranks once entered and making it so the boss has 3extra stars Underboss 2 extra and senior 1extra

#3 Dr doom, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. DESTROYER 06

DESTROYER 06 Underboss

Threads:
    IGN:
    DESTROYER 06
    It could be a type of warr competition, and to determine the winner would be how well they played say you were raided, and oposition gets 34% they get 66% and 100% is 100 points your raid everyone so that it is fair the reward would be 1000 skulls and you would not be in teams, though you could secretly!!! The competition would run for as long as it takes for you to raid everyone, but monthly!! Hope you agree

#4 DESTROYER 06, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. CarlM24

CarlM24 Community Manager
    Staff Member Community Manager

Threads:
    IGN:
    CarlM24
    Some good suggestions so far!

Let us try and come up with some new tournaments ideas though, and not just changes to the current tournaments we have, like Mafia Wars.

I was thinking of a knockout league, team based round robin or a team based league system like we currently see in football/soccer. I think these type of tournaments will be a good addition to Crime Coast, and wouldn't be too difficult to host here in the forums :)

#5 CarlM24, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Faby

Staff Member Global Moderator

Threads:
    IGN:
    FÆߥ
    My idea:

I would like to see a tourney like we have in other games.
    But not with teams or mafias. A tourney to reward the best players.
    For teams we already have Wars and Big Heist.

I talking about an individual competition.

How would it work:
    First Step:
    Leagues. Players with similar attack and defense power divided by leagues

Second step: inside each league, players divided into groups.The division is made by a draw. Like in World Cup.
    [​IMG]

Third step: the player raids other players from his group once and get raided by them once.

Points: like in wars. in the end of the 2 rounds, we get the points made in each match and have an inside group rank to settle the first and second best players.

Fourth step: Play Offs
    [​IMG]

The first player from group A (1A) "fight" the second player from group B (2B); The first from group B fight the second from group A and so on.
    Again, we have just and ONLY 2 matches: 1A raids 2B, 2B raids 1A. The player that makes more points goes on.

Fifth step: this system goes on until we have the great final.

Rewards:
    1st prize: insane pack with 4 legendary cards
    2nd prize: nice pack with 4 epic cards
    3rd prize: gold and money.

Rules:
    To make competition fair, we could settle some rules like: limit house space to make matches more even. Limit the max number of toucans or cbs.
    Or to make competition crazier, we could settle some crazy rules like: hammer only raidings (lol)

How often:
    8 tourneys/year.

Live:
    Matches could be organized to happen in defined days/hours and could be watched "Live" (if possible, live raids streamed here on forums). If not... matches could be recorded and posted here on forums by forums moderators.

Special event:
    After 8 tourneys we have an annual Huge Play Off including the 8 champions of each league to have a super tourney.

Forums staff role:
    Organize the tourney, make the draw, update the points and tables, promote the event inside CC and here on forums.
    Monitor the raids to see if they were legal or to see if all rules were respected.
    Post the raids to be watched by other players here on forums and in a forums tourney channel inside Youtube.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  7. Prince Eric

Staff Member Moderator

Threads:
    IGN:
    Prince Eric
    that is really only thing i dont like about what u said faby. only because (using hammers for example) we may be paired up against someone who has level 7 hammers when other person may only have level 3. so that in itself would make the match ups unfair

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Faby

Threads:
    IGN:
    FÆߥ
    Thats the point, Prince.
    Matchings and rules would be made by us on forums aiming fair raids. If is unfair, like your example, we dont use a "hammer only" raid.
    Hammer only was just an example of what we could do in our forums tourney.
    Could be a sally only, or a sally and Ram and silos.
    These units rule would be to make variations of the tourney, to prove players skills and to have different difficult levels.

9. Prince Eric

Staff Member Moderator

Threads:
    IGN:
    Prince Eric
    i get what your saying :)

10. joesplatem

joesplatem Capo

Threads:
    IGN:
    joesplatem
    in order for it to be fair everyone has to have the same weapons same number of troops and base defence has to be within 10 points all cards must be striped in this format.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Prince Eric

Staff Member Moderator

Threads:
    IGN:
    Prince Eric
    im on the fence about stripping cards... i see the positive points in stripping them to make raids more fair, but then again its not fair to the people that use their gold to buy the cards if they cant use them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dr doom

Dr doom Capo

Threads:
    IGN:
    Drdoom
    They can use them after the event but yes will never be a fair contest other wise

But also how do u know if they have or havent removed them I could say I have removed all but in reality only remove a quarter

#12 Dr doom, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2017
  13. joesplatem

joesplatem Capo

Threads:
    IGN:
    joesplatem
    this would only apply in this tournament Eric, u want to make it fair everyone has to be on equal footing same number of goons and then it's down to the individual players

I'm not saying they would lose them Eric , but players like expendibles would b facing each other in this scenario

#13 joesplatem, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2017
  14. MABOTONINE

MABOTONINE Soldier

Threads:
    Hi Crime Coasters !!

in order to be fair (and refers to the Prince eric and Faby's discussion ), we could also have a tournament with a spare map, defined in advance by the game itself. A map already built, or a limited constructible elements to build a map, same for every player on tournament. Same mansion level, number of wall etc... for everyone. Same and fixed troop level (could be hammer level 3, snipers 6 and sally 2 for instance).
    It would be funnier to me to proceed this way :
    First day of tournament :
    -You have a pre-defined number of elements in the construction box. You have one day to build your map and set up your defense. No option to up their level during the tournament. This map is only usable for this tournament. (screenshot allowed for next week :))
    -You have a mixed up level troop, as described upper.
    -you can't attack or be attack during this "training day".

Day 2 :
    -You have 3 rounds to achieve. your score is based on destruction, troops lost and killed, time to achieve. everyone plays on same arena.

Day 3 :
    -A first classement is made, best players are playing against best and worst against worst. Depending your score, you're winning a card (one could be chosen among a choice of several). Could be a defense card, willy wilder etc...
    -3 more rounds.

Day 4 :
    - Another classement is made. Depending of your new score, you're playing in the upper or lower arena.
    -You're winning another tournament card.
    -3 more rounds.

Day 5 :
    -Final day. Same rule as day 4.
    -At the end of day, depending of your arena and classement into it, you're winning gold, blue, or a card of your choice among several.

Hope some other player would agree with me or suggest some correction to this example.

Best.

MABOTONINE
    ClanAutonome

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. The Rock

The Rock Associate

Threads:
    IGN:
    THE_ROCK
    Its a great idea, matches should be between Mafias by setting bets as well so that we could have a bet Mafia war, we can also challenge other Mafia to start a war with our Mafia, and get their cards which they will bet in the war.

16. MABOTONINE

MABOTONINE Soldier

Threads:
    Why not but it could be hard to find players with exact same value card. You know as well as me that some card in the game classed as Epic are more expensive to forge than other epic card.
    When I talk about card, I mean a panel of card generated by the game itself, and the player can pick up one of them, depending of his strategy...
    First panel of card would be added on the war map, and the final choice at the end of tournament would be a bonus card you could keep on your regular map.
    I think that a tournament with card as reward instead of gold or money would be definitely a nice idea considering what i've heard around me... :wink:

17. Faby

Threads:
    IGN:
    FÆߥ
    Hey guys.
    Its important for you to remember that we are thinking about a competition here on forums, like Carl said:
    What does it mean? Means that we will organize the competition here and run the matches inside Crime Coast, using their CURRENT SYSTEM.
    We on forums arent part of Pixel Squad Team, so, we cant change the game to run a competition. Thats important to underline.

We can limit the number of goons, goons lvl, mansion lvl or limit the max. attack power in our rules. And we will need someone (a member of forums staff team) to monitor the raids data to see if rules are being respected or not. We cant change the game to settle these limits.

A tournament with training days, map changes, buildings limit and card bets involve HUGE changes inside the game. This can be a topic to be discussed in a separated thread inside suggestions forums.

We also cant make a mafia vs mafia war, or make bets between mafias in our tourney.
    We already have a mafia vs mafia thread:
    Tournaments - Private Mafia betting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. degn rakt

degn rakt Underboss

Threads:
    IGN:
    degn rakt
    I think max all of these is more better because by this all players get fun of max lvl :)

19. Aniket kadam

Threads:
    IGN:
    Aniket Kadam
    without changing current game,system:confused::confused::confused:..
    i would say just do regular raids, record and upload videos on youtube.,and share those video links,on forum,
    and other forum member will decide which raid was best .by like dislike
    only rule.. no ghost allowed,

20. MABOTONINE

MABOTONINE Soldier

Threads:
    Ok Faby, sorry I didn't read well so I missed the "forum tournament".
    I'll think about a new version so...
    In the meantime, if dev team needs new ideas for tournament i'd be happy to give mine :wink:
    Best

21. Faby

Threads:
    IGN:
    FÆߥ
    Thats ok MABOTONINE.
    I just said that cos our idea is to have tourneys here on forums that doesnt depend (or doesnt depend too much) on drastic games changes or upgrades.
    Depending on brutal game changes to make a tourney also depends on Pixel approval and development and takes too much time to be implemented.
    On the other hand, we can make simpler tourneys happen faster.

Your idea is valid, thats why I suggested you to open a thread on suggestions to make a debate about it. :)

aniket
    You idea is valid too, we already suggested them the possibility to post vids directly from the game here on forums, but for now, players that want to post raid vids here needs to record and upload.
    But the good side is: we are really thinking about " a best raid" competition
    Hope we will have some good news about it soon :)

• Like Like x 2