1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello Guest, we recently updated our forums rules. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with them before making any further posts. They can be found here: Updated Forum Rules. Regards, Crime Coast Forums.
    Dismiss Notice
Why not download Crime Coast for free? Crime Coast is available on Google Play, App Store, Windows Store and Amazon. Also, please like our Facebook page: Crime Coast. Simply visit our Crime Coast Homepage for more information about Crime Coast.

Multiple Returning Boss bug

Discussion in 'Bugs and Technical Problems' started by CaptainBob, Feb 16, 2017.

1. CaptainBob
    Amused

CaptainBob Associate

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Crime Coast Username:
    CaptainBob
    The game has a Boss bug where a returning promoted Boss has Boss status but no functioning Boss powers.

Here's what happened:

So I joined a Mafia (Dream Team) and later was promoted to Boss level by original founder of Mafia who became underboss. I left the Mafia without promoting anyone and apparently there was no Boss after me (I assumed the game automatically would do this) when I returned to the Mafia, the game assigned me Boss status (judging from the leaderboard in Mafia and club view), however inside our Mafia Chat it shows that I am at Punk level.

The problem is, though my title on the leaderboard shows me as Boss, I cannot demote, promote or kick anyone. Nobody can demote me either because I am supposedly on a higher level than them. The original founder is stuck on underboss and so we virtually dont have a "Boss" as mine's just a title with Punk functionality in reality.

Suggestion:
    I suggest that perhaps when a person leaves the group as Boss without assigning anyone how about the title goes to most recent active player in the Top 10 automatically? I gather that some groups have inactive former bosses, or might even have a top player in the leader board so switching to former boss or the most powerful player may be a problem, as these might as well not active players for reasons beyond their control.

Practicality Justification
    I don't mean to be too deep, but as in the real world in any social organisation if the leader would leave the most active would likely be perceived as the new leader of the group even if they were not originally voted into it. It seems intuitive. I believe my suggestion above would solve the problem of dead players in leading positions and also possibly ultimately solve the leaving Boss bug or I noted something similar.

Regards,
    Robert (CaptainBob)

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Knüppel
    Angry

Knüppel Underboss

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +857 / 12 / -5
    Crime Coast Username:
    Knüppel
    It's a well known issue.

It happens, if the one Boss with the founder title leaves the mafia. (You will found the founders name if you search for mafia – the name is written below the mafia name.)

You will get the privileges back, as soon as you reboot the game or after approximately 5 minutes stay in game.

Furthermore, if you leave a Mafia with the founder title, you cannot found another Mafia.

For more about Boss-Issues and Troubleshooting:
    Other - CONCERNS ABOUT THE GAME!!!!
    Multiple - Bug with Boss role in mafia

Regards,
    Knup

• Like Like x 2
  3. CaptainBob
    Amused

CaptainBob Associate

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Crime Coast Username:
    CaptainBob
    Thanks for the reply, Update: everything else is in order now just as you've said. Thanks alot Knüp

• Like Like x 1
  4. sweetdon
    Sweettooth

sweetdon Soldier

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Crime Coast Username:
    Sweetdon
    Yes just to say when I left my own mafia I made my most loyal underboss boss..just to let all you new guys know to always do the same so your old mafia is in good hands..:wink:, not nice to leave them in the lurch by just leaving without sorting it out before you go..

5. CaptainBob
    Amused

CaptainBob Associate

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Crime Coast Username:
    CaptainBob
    Thanks for the tip sweetdon. Next time I'll know what to do.

6. sweetdon
    Sweettooth

sweetdon Soldier

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Crime Coast Username:
    Sweetdon
    welcome hun:)