1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revise best raid?

Discussion in 'Crime Coast Forums Discussion' started by Betty, 4 January 2020.

1. Betty

Staff Member Senior Community Moderator

IGN:
    Betty Boobs
    Hi guys and gals! We were really disappointed in suspending the best raid competition, it required minimal effort yet had minimal participation. This is a game based on raiding players, only makes sense to have this as a rewarding competition here. So... what if we keep but modify... the new competition would still be best raid but we pick the opponent. There would be more than one defender of the month so that most power levels can participate.
    For example, month 1 the defenders would be Betty, Aurora and Betty B. Interested players would notify staff to particiapte. An attack card would be sent to the player with one of the 3 names on it, the name would be based on the attacker level. The raid must be completed against a guarded base and video uploaded (obviously). The attack card would have a 72hr time-limit. I'm thinking to keep as a one-time issued card, like we have in tournaments. I would be ok allowing a player join mafia to challenge for "practice" with maximum number of attempts, maybe 3? However this isn't an option in multiplayer, war or showdown so I'm not sure since so many only look for ways to cheat, if this should be allowed. The defenders would be chosen by forum staff, we would consider volunteers. Player would be contacted in-game and if he/she agrees would be named a defender for that month. Since activity here is minimal currently, having 3 defenders may be a little much but we can try. The lowest power base will be around 10k, have a mid range at 20-25k and the last no max.
    The hard part comes to judging, this part is still being decided. I've thought 1. we all vote including staff, 2. have only members vote, or 3. leaving the winners to be selected only by staff..
    Prizes are still to be determined. We can't award 3 cards in addition to gold. We could possibly do 1 card and use a random prize generator to determine which of the 3 winners would be awarded the surprise card.
    The defenders would be volunteers and would lose any resources lost during the attack, and gain any skulls awarded during raid. We can suggest a small consulatation prize for donating base and cooperating with forums, no guarantee this can be awarded.
    This is just a rough draft, we'd like to hear your thoughts before making a final decision.
    If you like the suggested changes as is, or want to add more detail please share your comments below. I'm hoping having the community involved will increase the activity in the actual competetion.
    Respect any ideas that are posted, this does not guarantee it will be implemented but it is possible. We will review comments in about a week and make a decision.
    Keep comments here related to this topic. We have more things planned, this is only the beginning. Encourage players to join here so we grow and more opportunities open for the community.
    I will only invest my time in creating this ... IF YOU agree to play fairly and we have positive responses here concerning the adjustments.. this thread is a discussion there are no prizes to be awarded.

Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. GPK007

GPK007 Boss

IGN:
    GPK007
    I love this one.
    I want to volunteer myself as defender.
    Coming to votes , Staff will review and decide which players are eligible. And then all forum members including staff can vote.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Prince Eric

IGN:
    Prince Eric
    Pretty good idea

• Like Like x 2
  4. |»JEET«|

The Crime Coast Conqueror

IGN:
    |»JEET«|
    Great .. Innovative..something new..and yes definitely Interesting
    I would volunteer too as a defender
    I hope it starts soon

• Like Like x 1
  5. -|HAÇKÊR|-

-|HAÇKÊR|- Consigliere

IGN:
    -|HAÇKÊR|-
    I like this idea. Make elwin aka dr.bmw defender. And trust me if a good raider raids him, we will witness a premium quality raid

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. HienLviVn

HienLviVn Soldier

Oh~~~ good Betty..

• Like Like x 1
  7. |~*Æ*~|

|~*Æ*~| Consigliere

IGN:
    |~*Æ*~|
    I hope its start soon..

• Like Like x 2
  8. ÅNIKET1705

IGN:
    ANIKET1705
    I would like to join as a raider and defender also.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Betty

IGN:
    Betty Boobs
    This thread is to collect your thoughts about the change to how best raid is ran. Comments to raid or volunteer base will come later if this competition launches. So, the question is do you like the modifications? Is there something else you would change.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Dusky Dark.

IGN:
    Dusky Dark.
    Sounds good Betty

• Like Like x 1
  11. «ìNC®ÈDìBLÉ»

IGN:
    «ìNC®ÈDìBLÉ»
    i think this effort is commendable, so firstly thanks to you Betty.

You suggested that the minimum power be 10k and 20-25k and them no limits.
    i would prefer three categories 10,000-14999, 15000-19999 and then 20k+ or if we want a fourth it will be 25k+ with the other being 20,000-24999. I think everyone will have an opportunity here and i sure we will have more participation, i will even promote it if it comes to that.

When we have the above category we can run one category per month, hence 3 times a year.

Everything else you suggested i am ok with.

The practice part will benefit those that have the time, i am not a fan of it, because your mafia will have to make space and accommodate etc, too mush logistics, i am not against it though.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Betty

IGN:
    Betty Boobs
    This didn't get the participation that I was hoping for so I will hold off for now.

• Like Like x 1