1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Tips to Get More Members for our Community

Discussion in 'Crime Coast Forums Discussion' started by GPK007, 22 July 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GPK007

GPK007 Boss

IGN:
    GPK007
    Hi ,

I'm here to suggest few tips which may help in the growth of our crime coast community. If possible , please put your valuable tips below in this thread.

One of the hottest topics for community is how to retain current members. Community often lose numerous members for various reasons such as lack of interest or lack of time to commit. The first step when trying to retain members is to understand why a community loses members. Community members must analyze their Community history and recognize the factors that led to the loss of members. By doing so, it becomes easier to understand what de-motivates people away from the Community. So how does a community motivate its members to stay?

Show appreciation for all members

When members feel valued, they get a sense of belonging. There are many things a community can do to show its appreciation for its members such as celebrating the special occasions in every member's life such as birthdays or anniversaries. Small gestures such as recognizing and thanking members for their contributions to the community or conversing about their hobbies, make people feel appreciated.
    If possible, Encourage people to talk about jobs within the topic. Everyone wants job advice right now. Create a list or 'rumor mill’ of available or prospective jobs in the industry (as well as best places to work) and you’ll soon find floods of new visitors. [ This Job topic must be added in to Off-topic ]

Borrow from related communities

Communities aren’t a zero sum game. You can be a member of several at once. Borrow members from communities related to yours, but be nice about it.

Give every member a badge

Give every member a badge to display on their profiles elsewhere (t-shirts work even better). Already badges are available but mostly players doesn't know about their ranks, if possible please modify them. Or Add more badges.

Make It Fun

The most popular tip given when discussing member retention has to do with lightening the atmosphere, which plays a vital role in not only retaining current members but also attracting new members. Host competitions with in the community other than crime coast among members, play a game or two or even book an arcade once every couple of months. By employing such strategies, you will ensure that members enjoy being part of the community and look forward to the warm and friendly environment found in the weekly meetings.

Promote Community

The major demerit for our community is the lack of promotion of Crime Coast Forums from Game Developers and Support Team. Developers promoting the game only on facebook by conducting competitions [fb competitions]. But We never seen promoting our community except in the cases of beta testing. So, Dev team have to promote our community too on their respective social media pages. If possible Fb tournaments have to been conducted at least once in a three months [ 4 quarters ].

In-game holiday events

A fantastic way to get your gaming community to engage with your game again is to run special holiday events. This is particularly great at re-igniting that spark in members of the community who might have lost interest over time.
    With at least eight holidays in a year and four seasons, there are plenty of chances to add some festive flavor to your game and community.

Run a discord channel

Discord is a chat platform and a very popular way for studios to engage directly with their gaming communities. Complete with bots, memes and really good community management tools, Discord has become the home of many game’s digital families.

Both developers and their gaming community can use Discord to discuss anything, from recent game patches to how their days are going. It can be used to give your community a chance to input into the development or improvement of the game as they engage directly with its creators.

Direct engagement can feel invaluable to fans of a game and can make them feel like they are part of the team. They will feel involved and invested in the game on a personal level and want to dedicate more of their time and love to your game.

These are my few tips which may useful in growth of our community. I really love this community and I'm glad , I'm part of this Community.

Thanks for this amazing community - CarlM24 , Hayno [Carl's Brother]
    Thanks for this creative virtual world - Scary Larry , The Gangster Prankster , Andy.

Please , I'm here by requesting every member of our forums to suggest more valuable options.

Thanking you,
    GPK007

• Like Like x 9
  2. *BAD-BOY$$*

*BAD-BOY$$* Soldier

IGN:
    *BAD-BOY$$*
    Hi ! I ONLY ASK WHY CRIME COAST is in crisis, people are no longer active, or do not play this game...I'M SO BORED FIR THIS

3. JÔHNN¥^BL@Z€

JÔHNN¥^BL@Z€ Underboss

IGN:
    JÔHNN¥^BL@Z€
    Crime Coast needs an official Youtube channel.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JÔHNN¥^BL@Z€

JÔHNN¥^BL@Z€ Underboss

IGN:
    JÔHNN¥^BL@Z€
  5. §¦ ÅÜRØRÅ ¦§

Staff Member Community Moderator Crime Coast Wiki Moderator

IGN:
    GHØST, |>ARTEMIS<|, §¦ÅÜRØRŦ§
    #5 §¦ ÅÜRØRÅ ¦§, 22 July 2019
    Last edited: 22 July 2019
  6. §¦ ÅÜRØRÅ ¦§

IGN:
  7. GPK007

GPK007 Boss

IGN:
    GPK007
    Those were tips and used for expansion and development of gaming communities. It's not compeltely belongs to an particular community.
    So, don't worry Even if all these were applied in game and in community there will be no copyright issue.

#7 GPK007, 22 July 2019
    Last edited: 22 July 2019
  8. §¦ ÅÜRØRÅ ¦§

IGN:
    Citing sources is just to protect you and/or the forums team. In this situation ,in the first link towards the bottom explicitly states to cite the company( website ) as a source and the second , the citation would include the name of the author and date of the article -Jeff Sue. December 11, 2018 . Will the authors come and check your work? Probably not. But you always want to cite when using someone else’s work , even if it’s just bits and pieces. Plagiarism laws can be a bit hard to understand , but by correctly citing your sources ( in this case you did copy and paste quite a bit of their literary work), you lower your chances of running into any problems. Again , just for future reference. Trying to help the community stay copyright infringement free here.

#8 §¦ ÅÜRØRÅ ¦§, 23 July 2019
    Last edited: 23 July 2019
  9. GPK007

GPK007 Boss

IGN:
    GPK007
    I didn't mentioned few remaining points. Because those were already exist here. There are already few common points between our community and sources we got. That doesn't mean neither our community nor above sources must have copied each others.
    I mean, this community was before the above sources , but why still few points were common among them. Because, those were basic tips and mostly used by every gaming community.

I hope you understand. If possible please , suggest tips which may helpful in growth of our community.

10. AnuragDutta

Best Li'l Raider on the Coast

IGN:
    AnuragDutta
    I think it has something to do with cards and the somewhat pay to win policy of the game.

• Like Like x 3
  11. JÔHNN¥^BL@Z€

JÔHNN¥^BL@Z€ Underboss

IGN:
    JÔHNN¥^BL@Z€
    People pay to win!?!?!? What kind of hustle is this...

Biggest asset this game has is the abcense of annoying ads IMO.

And for the pay to win policy, I don't think is totally true. The reason why is because I hear that Showdown and Wars, players still CHEAT to win...

• Like Like x 1
  12. GPK007

GPK007 Boss

IGN:
    GPK007
    Yeah , Especially Rapid Increase of Defense Cards. Avoiding/Not Introducing Cards which will increase attack power.

Yeah , Ads must exist !
    I already suggested about this WATCH ADS but then many members were disagree with that :(

• Like Like x 1
  13. JÔHNN¥^BL@Z€

JÔHNN¥^BL@Z€ Underboss

IGN:
    JÔHNN¥^BL@Z€
    You misunderstood me, having no ads is the best part of the game. Once you put ads in a app/game the ads will pop up agressively and that's annoying. Unless the mods would design it that you can choose to click on it instead of the ads being forced on you. But as long as the ads are agressive to pop up, I would not want to see ads in this game.

• Like Like x 1
  14. «ìNC®ÈDìBLÉ»

IGN:
    «ìNC®ÈDìBLÉ»
    the card system has messed up the game, competition was fair before and everyone was happy. I guess pixel introduced the card system to make some money and it worked up to a certain time.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Z E R Ø*

Z E R Ø* Underboss

IGN:
    Z E R Ø*
    i am old player of game.. playing since 2016.
    many of my friends and me also are not active in game.
    there was time when so many indian players used to play this game. i was having so many friends. Global was totally filled with indian players.
    there is something thts why players left.
    if it goes on like this many players will leave game in future.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MotherHell$

MotherHell$ Soldier

You need to learn to keep members first majority of the long time players you already have lost and more and more leave each new day , same problems over a long period and each time the members not listened too and wonder why crime coast is dying after so long this what happens people turn backs on crime coast like crime coast has done with the members and game MAKE IMPROVEMENTS THAT MAKE SENSE !!
    Maybe the improvements team need to go on improvements training course .

• Like Like x 2
  17. TitanK

TitanK Soldier

IGN:
    TitanK
    Guess what, even more players are going to leave with that idiotic separation of chat rooms and those insanely defunct SD (Showdown) rules - miles better to email Andy directly via support, at least then you get an answer. Still feel that it's an idiotic move to remove a certain group of players based on their nationality just smooth a few selected egos, so congrats on building a 'Wall' of divide instead of uniting gamers which all major games strive to achieve (whether is on PC or mobile btw) which forms the basics of community and the subsequent management thereof so based on that logic will there be separated forums as-well for a specific nationality?

1. Fix the community and the subsequently management herein.
    2. Have proper support channel whether in-game / forum or email i.e. whichever channel.
    3. Fix the Achievements which give credence to player progression and development in-game.
    4. Sort the issue of scamming.
    5. Revamp of the Card system useless cards especially in the Gangster and Superior crews.
    6. Reward players for playing (Celebrate Achievements / milestones with players i.e. Game Anniversaries / Holidays)
    7. Fix SD - really a player can't change their layout that's why I used to play it gave an idea of where players attacked and how - and made some good friends for that also - now it's just stupid and look at expanding the power level ranges.
    8. Spend on Google ADs i.e. in-app ads TARGETED at specifically gamers or join TapJoy Network (does have issues though with TapJoy in terms of redeeming rewards) or work with other game developers to expand the footprint via achievements (PS: there's no licensing in this game so I assume costs would be direct to the servers, developers, staff etc.)

18. Prince Eric

IGN:
    Prince Eric
    I believe they removed the language from global was mostly because many players were dl'ing the keyboard and creating spam. Also it was very difficult to translate. That's just my opinion, I don't know for sure.

About new showdown rules:
    The only ones to blame are all the cheaters who were setting up a base so somebody could get an easy victory.

Also, there is now a discord channel that you can join which gives you a direct opportunity to dm the devs.

• Like Like x 4
  19. ..xXSTUDXx..

IGN:
    ..xXSTUDXx..
    So many Arabic chats ... Should be removed everyone wants that .... I agree with u bro

20. «ìNC®ÈDìBLÉ»

IGN:
    «ìNC®ÈDìBLÉ»
    I dont have anything against anyone but i did find the Arabic annoying, also sometimes they would even pm you using Arabic to irritate you.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.